SpectraPour: Pour-in-Place Rubber Playground Surfacing
Safety Playground Surfacing
SpectraPour safety playground surfacing has been our flagship poured-in-place system since its inception in 1986. SpectraPour has been used on thousands of projects throughout the US at parks, schools, daycare centers, and other applications requiring a high quality, poured rubber safety surface.
SpectraPour's pour-in-place installation and wide variety of colors allows us to create intricate and visually pleasing designs. This enhances any gathering space - hotel play areas, playgrounds, shopping centers, community centers - into a welcoming and friendly location. SpectraPour's shock-absorbing qualities make it ideal for safety surfaces at critical fall heights as well as comfortable for any walking or standing application.
SpectraPour is mixed on-site, and may be used to provide ADA access to existing playgrounds, to retrofit existing play areas, or to fill entire new playgrounds with quality rubber surfacing that stays in place during use.
SpectraPour System Data
- 2-layer system – mixed, poured & troweled on-site
- Base layer of shock-absorbing rubber material
- Half-inch-thick wearing surface of rubber granules
- Available in 22 colors - mix your own blend here
- Create custom shapes and designs
- Porous system may be installed over Type 2 road base, concrete, or asphalt surfaces
- Typically used outdoors
- Conforms to ADA requirements
- IPEMA Certified
- ASTM F1292 for head impact protection
- ASTM F1951 for wheelchair accessibility
- Available for LEED® credits and our Ecore™ TRUcircularity™ Program
Warning: Like so many surfaces – including asphalt, sand, metal and plastic, all of which can be found on playground environments – rubber surfaces will get hot when exposed to direct sunlight. SpectraTurf strongly recommends that children wear shoes when playing or walking on any rubber surface, regardless of the manufacturer or specific type of surface.